FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Jun 19, 2020, 4:54 am
henrytay

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Glenlivet
No resistance encountered. In my request I gave them booking references, they came back requesting tickets numbers and that was it!

​​​​​​​Just to say on this; I have posted previously saying that BA was not considering the flights I had booked that were cancelled.

I had to challenge them 3 times before they actually started looking into it properly. They kept focusing on where I finished the year, and weren't reading what I was writing about having flights cancelled.

So in my experience, challenge them back if they so no in the first or second instance; even though I had given them all the details in my original note to them, I had to re-spell it out a number of times before they would consider it. Chances are the agent hasn't quite read properly your request if they say no originally. After a few days of back and forth my case has now been submitted to their Loyalty team to see if they'll let me retain my status. (June year end so no idea what that means in the wider context of the extensions)