FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Jun 18, 2020, 2:17 pm
george77300

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by docklander
" We’re adding 12 months extra onto your Executive Club membership – so you have more time to enjoy your benefits, whenever you’re ready to fly.

All members will benefit, starting with those who have a Tier Point collection end date of July 2020, through to June 2021."

Self explanatory surely - keywords "12 months extra"

I shall be expecting just that (silver already requalified ,Aug 2020 expiry) .So that means an expiry August 2022

. Its very clear cut and I expect what was promised
As much as I agree with that should be the case, it isn’t. I have asked. I’m in the same situation with my Gold.

It seems you get 12 months extra onto the expiry date. But of course if you have already re-qualified the expiry hasn’t changed, even though it will at your end of year.

So in your case your expiry is August 2020. So the 12 months you get is to August 2021 on the expiry. The fact you have already requalified (same situation as me) means you in essence don’t benefit from this 12 months. The only benefit you will get is in the Aug 2020 to 2021 year you will need a reduced number of TPs to retain the status.

Summary seems to be: You get 12 months extra on your status except if you have already requalified then it won’t apply to you as you have it anyway. So for those who have already requalified the only benefit is the reduced TP requirements for the next year.