FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OS codeshare on ET GVA-VIE cancelled by OS, but ET still selling tix
Old Jun 18, 2020, 10:36 am
rosenkavalier

Originally Posted by Carpacchio
Seems that at least occasionally, the flight still operates: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/et726
yes, I think technically that triangle flight operates twice weekly, its just that they don't have 5th freedom rights between GVA-VIE. Funny why OS sold me the codeshare in the first place...(money grab?)

An update to my situation as a data point: I had to make a total of 5 calls spanning 3+ hours to get a simple rebooking. First 3 calls always ended up with line being cut off. I was at home and my wifi and phone network is strong, so it wasn't me. Every time the agent put me on hold to check alternatives, they would transfer me to the internet help desk instead and the line would cut off after a few minutes. Really infuriating after having waited 30+ minutes each time to speak to an agent in the first place. I also always confirmed at the beginning of the call that they had my number to call me back in case line went dead, each time I got an answer in the affirmative but never got a call back. Anyway, I was already armed with flight numbers of an alternative which was showing up on Google flights but curiously none of the phone agents could find. With the 4th phone call, I got an incompetent agent who was not the brightest bulb and so I had to thank him and HUCA. Finally it took the 5th call to get an agent who was much brighter and was willing to plug in my flight numbers to see whether it would work. Even then I had to convince him that it was a viable itinerary as the first flight was showing sold out in Eco, but I had to tell him it would work with married segment logic once the connecting flight was added. With that he was able to reissue the tickets quite quickly. (in these exceptional times it is particularly frustrating that airlines still use married segment logic to limit availability in certain combinations, as of now as long as there is a seat it should be possible to book a pax on that flight...)

My next question is about EC 261/2004. Getting the hotel reimbursed, I was told to book a 3* hotel for my overnight and send in receipts for reimbursement along with any expenses incurred like meals. Any data points would be appreciated, how the process is like, how long it takes them to wire the payment etc. I guess I have to email them though the feedback page on the OS website?
The other claim I will be making is the EUR 250 compensation as I am leaving 9+ hours earlier and arriving 12 hours later than originally scheduled. I guess I should be ready for resistance with bogus excuses not to pay. *sigh*