FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2020, 8:00 am
fassy

Originally Posted by nacho
You work for a Swedish company?
Well, yes and no. I work for a Swedish company, which is my own... but then contract out to a small US company from Silicon Valley, about 200 employees, half of them state-side, other half European based. They have hired me long term to fill a Director level engineering position. So for all intents and purposes besides tax and official status I probably would say I work for a US company.

Of course the rule doesn't apply to senior management.

DK is a totally different story - the jobs Mr. has in DK fairly big companies - and it's only CEO level can fly business class. Travel policy applies to everyone except the CEOs.
Well, that some animals are more equal was always true and I can accept that. Let them fly J, I can survive economy or pay the occasional upgrade myself. But I cannot accept that my life has become tremendously harder because I don't get a travel budget to actual work on projects which drive revenue while the CXO level hops around the world for very little reasons.

Their policy is totally understandable - from the management's point of view, if you can get things done online, why do you have to fly to get that done? I know it's better to be there but it's not necessary.
I'd say my weekly work hours almost doubled due to the home office and travel restrictions. And I told my boss (which is CXO level) now, this is not acceptable. I was ok doing it for a while as there was no alternative and just to keep the company afloat but this is not a sustainable model and actually make me quite mad, since it shows how little the top brass actually sees what the contributors do on a daily basis to keep going. *rant*

I'm sure SAS doesn't like your company's new travel policy
Well, I guess I was never a real good customer anyway. Mostly fly European short-haul Go which I upgrade with my own money to Plus. For long haul mostly with LH group or UA, so almost no revenue for SK which is mostly driven by their insane pricing and bad connection network in the US.