FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Hong Kong Ocean Park [Master Thread]
Old Jun 16, 2020, 6:59 am
lsquare
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by jpdx
I've tried the ribs a few times -- for some reason, they make an appearance almost every night (many hotel lounges are on a 5 night rotation or something, but at Marriott OP, it seems to be whatever they have laying around, which often is ribs). They're sometimes ok, sometimes inedible.

Marriott isn't one of the brands where Plat+ can choose full restaurant breakfast as amenity in lieu of the 1000 points (that's only legacy SPG), so you have to take what the hotel gives you. Which in the case of Marriott OP is restaurant breakfast Mon-Thu, lounge breakfast Fri-Sun. I'm guessing this arrangement has to do with low occupancy, and I imagine that when/if occupancy returns to normal, they will likely serve breakfast at the lounge every day.

I don't stay at the Renaissance very often, because I don't like it. I would say that its rates have dropped less than other hotels, making it less of a deal IMO. FWIW, I stayed at the Grand Hyatt a few times in December, at a rate of HKD 1360 per night, and I think that hotel is several notches above the Renaissance.
I don't think I've ever seen the GHHK that low before. Wow...