FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:43 am
henrytay

Programs: BA
A quick data point for those unlucky people out there like me with a 8-June year-end but didn't make the reduced thresholds, and who was planning to do most of their travel in Mar-May.

I was looking to retain Silver, ended the year on 70 TPs but had a LHR-HEL-ARN CE return, and a LHR-HKG-BNE WT+ bookings paid for and confirmed, before being cancelled due to the pandemic, these would have put me on 600TP. BAEC aren't willing to do me any favours here even with having confirming itineraries and currently aren't budging on policy.

Do feel like I've lost out here and quite disappointed with their lack of flexibility. It's not the end of the world, I'll likely re-qualify for Silver during the next round of reduced requirements, but I will miss the lounge access travelling to Australia, I usually have to sit around at HKG for 8hr+. First world problems.

I might try again with BAEC next month and see if they soften/I get someone more flexible on the other end of the computer.