FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OS codeshare on ET GVA-VIE cancelled by OS, but ET still selling tix
Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:40 am
rosenkavalier

OS codeshare on ET GVA-VIE cancelled by OS, but ET still selling tix

Hi there,
just received an email from OS that my flight on Saturday GVA-VIE has been cancelled. Its the codeshare operated by ET that continues onto ADD. Curiously Google Flights still showing this flight (GVA-ADD with stop in VIE) on sale and ET website also still selling tickets. (Why did OS cancel it unilaterally only for their pax?)
There are no options for rebooking on that day, I have searched everything, I am even willing to fly in the morning on Sunday, but nothing that doesn't involve an overnight in either FRA/MUC. I assume LH Group won't be picking up the tab for any hotel bill...
Given there is nothing to rebook to and I can't leave on Friday and have to arrive in VIE by Sunday noon (its a work trip so no flexibility), should I just show up at ET check in on Saturday in GVA and play dumb and try to get on that flight?!! It seems to me that won't end well but as of now, is my best option!! Night trains from ZRH only start on the 26th June...and I would rather rebook than go through the whole refund circus as I actually need to fly and would love to be able to use any option LH Group could propose me.
Any advice would be appreciated...!!
Thanks!