FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EU promises “We will have a summer tourist season” [for travellers from Europe]
Old Jun 14, 2020, 2:52 pm
Dan1113

Originally Posted by the810
There may be some key the police uses to determine where to check, but I have no idea what it is. When I encountered spot checks, they were directly at the border or wherever the abandonded border facility from pre-Schengen times was, e.g. coming from Slovakia using D2 highway, it was maybe 5 km into Czechia (but before the first exit in CZ, so essentialy anyone who arrived there arrived from abroad). I don't think there is any kind of internal checks.

It applies since train services were resumed (I think it was two or three weeks ago). I never head of any check actually being performed on a train. Such check would be done on the train on Czech territory (maybe in the border section between Bad Schandau and Decin). Pre-check in Germany would not work for variety of reasons (I can hardly imagine Czech police in Berlin preventing people from boarding a train towards Dresden).

Under current rules (which expire today), residency could be proven either by a formal residency document or by two supporting documents proving some links to the country, such as EHIC, lease agreement, job contract, etc. I have no idea whether this also applies from tomorrow.

The whole thing is super-confusing and unfortunatelly reading the legal document raises even more questions than it answers. However, one thing is relatively clear to me and that is that only residents of green countries will be admitted to Czechia. The document does not list any exception for residents of orange countries.

In any case, I would not recommend trying to sneak into the country, it can have all kinds of bad consequences and you don't want to be put into Schengen Information System as persona nongrata by a member state, especially on the basis of illegal border crossing. This could significantly complicate your future travels into the EU. If you really want to visit Czechia, I recommend that you get tested and then you can enter without any problems.
Can EU citizens really be put onto SIS because of border issues, given freedom of movement? I am not suggesting I will try to get to into CZ, I am just more...curious really.

I would have no issues with betting a test but if you look at some of the pages, it says foreigners from orange/red countries can only enter with a test and for business and other purposes (not tourism), so based on those texts, it wouldn't do me much good anyway to pay 200 euro in Germany for that!