FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Las Alcobas, St Helena (Napa Valley), CA [Left Marriott]
Old Jun 14, 2020, 2:42 pm
callmedtop

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by TSTraveler
California just announced June 5 that hotels are allowed to reopen for regular business with new Covid guidelines. On average, it take hotels 30-45 days to prepare for reopening in any circumstances. So it may not be obvious when they formally will reopen as of yet, only a week or so after the state reopening announcement. Not taking new reservations isn’t the same as canceling already booked reservations, after all.

If in doubt, call and ask—but prudence and common sense would expect that we all should be a bit more understanding of the uncertainty, I think. I don’t think this ridiculous as you do.
I've tried calling multiple times over the past couple of weeks - they don't pick up the phone and it redirects to Marriott central reservations, who obviously don't know whats going on either.

I just find it puzzling that every other luxury (defined by Virtuoso/FHR to be simple) hotel in Napa is open for July and taking reservations, while Las Alcobas is either not opening until August or is still unsure on what they will do with July reservations yet. My bet is the former, which means they should have reached out to those with reservations by now. I don't really buy that they don't know when they are opening. Auberge du Soleil has been preparing extensively between the shutdown and now, as have most other luxury properties in the area.

I would argue that if they don't know if they would be open in July by now (mid-June), they should still reach out to guests with reservations and give them a heads up. I got a lot more communication from much cheaper properties earlier on during the pandemic. I agree that we should be a little more forgiving given the circumstances, but this is a bit much.