FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Jun 13, 2020, 11:11 am
crazyarmadillo

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by labdoctor
"The 12-month status extension will be applied automatically to those memberships with Tier Point collection end dates of July 2020 – June 2021. There is no need to contact us to arrange this."

But almost everyone in the BAEC scheme has a Tier Point collection end date in that range. I dropped to Bronze this year and then achieved silver this year just before lockdown and my Silver membership expires 31 Dec 2021. I received the email so I sort of expect a year will be added.
The email has clearly caused confusion.it is the' everyone will benefit'.

Everyone does benefit so the email is correct. At a min 25% reduction. But it's taken by many FT posters and let alone by others who don't frequent FT, that it means a free additional year for everyone, no matter what.

The policy in itself address the current issues. Current issues. But BA really should have considered the email communication better.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is addressed in some manner in the weeks and months to come. And more changes may be come along.

And I'm a ba supporter for lots of different reasons.

Last edited by crazyarmadillo; Jun 13, 2020 at 11:18 am