FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trans Tasman Bubble (including the Pacific Islands)
Old Jun 13, 2020, 1:31 am
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have not seen any direct reports from Au Government (politicians) on a Au-NZ-SouPac bubble here in Australia. A topic I watch very closely
The Australia's High Commissioner to Fiji is low level. His job is to keep the locals happy.

Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
I didn't mean it as a personal attack, but sure I will back that up with facts then? https://www.rnz.co.nz/international/...-tasman-bubble

It's not Pacific or Australia. Australia has clearly indicated they are keen to open the bubble to include Pacific Islands.
Australia's High Commissioner to Fiji, John Feakes, said no timeline had been set as Canberra and Wellington had yet to finalise a bilateral agreement.But he said Australia wanted Fiji in its bubble alongside New Zealand.
<snip>
As you're probably aware, there are active Coronavirus cases in Australia but once the work is done to open up the Trans-Tasman bubble, we will look very quickly at including Fiji in that as well."