FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which countries are open for US tourists?
Old Jun 11, 2020, 2:35 pm
cmtlatitudes

Originally Posted by cmd320
The Maldives would definitely be a nice spot.

Looks like St. Lucia is open now as well with some restrictions. I think the best approach to this will be to keep the Wiki as updated as possible when new information comes out. I'll go ahead and add this now.

Not 100%, but pretty certain St. Lucia is pushed back to 1 July - although it was originally slated to open 1 June, the airlines pulled out. Not sure why. I think however Antigua is open for June - but with restrictions and the info coming out was not consistent earlier this week on what those restrictions actually entail and how they're being executed.

USVI is open now and I'll be there next week with my sunglasses on. 😎 Bonus for US citizens much less likely to run into any insurmountable problems not relying on foreign borders. Still possible of course, but much less likely.

Maldives would be great. But the 180 on their position is baffling and almost too good to be true. I'd be looking into them but worried they'd change again - like almost every country that's claimed "we'll be open for everyone" on x date has so far. People get excited, book something, the hotels and airlines are happy to take their $$ as a short term interest free loan. Then the country either slides the opening date back, piles on the mother-lode of restrictions after the fact and you're more or less stuck with it, or decides US citizens weren't welcome after all. And the folks who bought in are screwed, except the holders of the short term loans.