FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Jun 11, 2020, 10:59 am
BosEuro

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond
As one of the FT members on the other forum advocating for an extension, I need to give BA credit for their action. I am quite pleased with the extension and 25% TP threshold reductions. I look forward to more travel after things calm down and travel is less restricted.

I also look forward to clarifying the TP collection year reductions. The email/website seem to imply that they might apply the lower TP levels for upgrades which would make sense for the current TP collection year for those who are aiming for the next level(s) in the next 12 months.

"This is the same for upgrades thresholds too, making that next Tier more achievable."

For example, it seems odd to require a Bronze flyer to reach 600 TP for Silver in 20-21 (with severe travel limitations) but 450 in 21-22 (with much less restrictions, hopefully!).

Two scenarios (I think):
July 20-Jun 21: 25% reductions for upgrades for 20-21, already granted requalifications for 21-22 at Year End level, Requalification/upgrade level for 21-22 reduced by 25%
July 20-Jun 21: No reductions for upgrades for 20-21, already granted requalifications for 21-22 at Year End level, Requalification/upgrade level for 21-22 reduced by 25%