FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pay Yourself Back - Sapphire Reserve & Preferred, INK Preferred & Plus (2020-2023)
Old Jun 9, 2020, 6:05 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by philemer
Clicked "Your Dashboard" and everything is listed.
My husband's CSR all the 2019 transactions were gone. Only 2020 transactions shown but all travel redemption in 2020 also disappeared.

SM reps at first told him to call to talk to Web Support - that of course is impractical with still very busy phone line.

Then SM reps admitted there were issues in showing CSR's activities on some accounts after the update - why only affects some accounts and not all, no explanation. They claimed it was fixed. It is not. They suggested to clear cache, it isn't such issue as the same problem is across 4 browsers incl browser never used to access Chase (IE and Opera), also same issue when used iPad.

At the end SM reps resorted to manually list the Jul 2019 onward transactions on the SM, and the Travel Award activities on another SM.

The biggest issue is, we no longer see a cruise booking travel award deduction any more while the SM rep showed there were 2 identical booking references of the cruise - one is the deduction of points and the other one is a canceled entry, with 0 points shown. On all other canceled travel awards there are only one entry each, value 0 - that is how U.timate Rewards show the original booking is refunded., by erasing the initial point deduction.

We cannot see the cruise booking details any more because all travel award bookings disappeared sometime between May 21st and May 29th.

I have a screen shot made on May 21st when UR sent an email about refunding an LX canceled itinerary. I noticed the balance reflect the refund but no ledger entry until I found out the original deduction was now erased, showed as 0. Then on May 29th UR sent a weird email on that refunded LX cancellation about some flight credit - I wanted to check if Chase clawed back the original refund - then I found out ALL travel reward redemption DISAPPEARED.

I dont believe Chase would ever go back to fix such glitches on affected accounts. Given the time frame such glitches happened, and the later admission by SM reps - it must be due to adding the current Pay Yourself Back has caused issues to some accounts.

FWIW, the CSR has not been used in 2020 other than paying for taxes on an Aeroplan award which since it is counted against the $300 travel credit, that activity disappeared too, so as the DoorDash orders for the $60 credit. There were 2 orders and they disappeared, even though the 2nd order actually went above the bal of unclaimed credit, therefore resulted to an actual charge. No other charge was made. Only other transactions were Aeroplan's refund on taxes when award was canceled, and a DoorDash credit on restaurant canceled item and we did not want DoorDash credit - both credits Chase actually deducted the related points despite the Aeroplan initial charge did not earn any point (due to part of the $300 travel credit). These 2 credits are the only UR activities still shown on screen when I visited the site on May 29.

So far Chase does not seem to either know what the issue is, or simply does not care. We would need to make screen shot after each meaningful activity - be it combine points, transfer out, travel award booking, or the current pay yourself back redemption - the only way we could have records intact.