FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA to cut up to 12,000 jobs in "restructuring and redundancy programme"
Old Jun 9, 2020, 5:19 am
Littlegirl

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by Agent69
I didn't hear the show, but I assume nobody explained the facts of life to the 17yo? You know things like:
  • given the situation with Covid 19 it is unlikely that normal University courses will start in the autumn
  • if both your parents are still in employment in 3 months time you are doing a lot better than the million people who will have been made redundant
  • if your parents have been on the property ladder for 17 years then the size of their mortgage payments as a proportion of their salary will likely have gone down significantly
  • Have your parents considered downsizing, or buying a property in a cheaper area?

Ultimately lots of students go on a gap year break. Would it be the end of the world if the daughter didn't start uni until she was 18? This just looks like somebody who is far better off that most having a moan because life isn't perfect.
This post has made me realise that I actually don’t want to read anymore views on here. It really beggars belief that anyone normal could actually pen a post like this.

Goodby