FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Calculator for SQM, Aeroplan miles, & SQD
Old Jun 5, 2020, 12:10 am
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
If you're looking to simplify, you could take out the minimum miles, which is just 250 x aqmPercent. When I updated this a while back, I went through all of them to see whether it was needed, and in every case it was just that.

Well, there was one that was Calm Air or First Air or something where it still said 500, but (a) that page was ancient and (b) I think it might be one of the partnerships that recently ended. Either way, I was pretty sure they just never got around to updating it and even if it was 500, it wasn't worth the hassle given all the work for one so esoteric issue.
Yeah, there's a lot of stuff like that I can do. I almost did it from the start, but you get into all these airlines with 70%, 110%, etc., and I didn't want to do the research on how they round when I could just put the minimum in. But it's easy to validate after the fact in order to simplify everything.

UA is one of the easiest airlines, since it's all based on fare class. LH is harder. AC is currently 90 lines of logic, and I'm still not sure it's entirely right.