FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian airlines - any way to tell when a flight was canceled?
Old Jun 4, 2020, 6:43 pm
jaybert

Originally Posted by marconess
If *you* cancelled the flights via the website, unless it stated on the webpage your flight was cancelled, Norwegian will see that as a voluntary cancel - even if they cancel the flights after that.
In my experience with Norweign you'll get an email saying your flight has been cancelled, with buttons to rebook or refund. Do you have any notification from them that your particular flight was cancelled before you went onto the website?

Even though some airlines have said "we arent flying til X", they will cancel them in stages to stop a flood of requests to customer service.
I am 99% sure that when I submitted the cancellation I was able to chose the option of a refund vs rebooking. I don’t know if they somehow offer this as an option even if you aren’t actually entitled to one. My cancellation email from Norwegian is pretty basic / doesn’t tell me any useful information other than the time I cancelled.