FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any right to cancel for reduced service?
View Single Post
Old Jun 4, 2020, 4:08 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Hi c_hri_s and welcome to FT.

Tbh I think a lot depends on whether you want to travel at all at the end of the day. If not then if any of the flights in the booking get cancelled or significantly retimed you can get a full refund anyway - no need to request any chargeback with your card company, if nothing else BA have been pretty prompt in most cases issuing refunds. If a flight gets cancelled and you do want a refund you would have to call BA to request this, the online functionality for requesting refunds has been turned off atm.

If none of the flights are cancelled or significantly retimed then at the moment the future travel voucher option doesn't cover your travel dates - I think my expectation is that will be extended to cover August anyway so at some point you would be able to take that route, get a FTV, and use it towards any future booking up to April 2022.

If you do want to fly then I do not think going to your card company and asking for a refund is not a good idea since you may end up with a cancelled booking albeit with your money back. There isn't anything formally about the reduced service, and we don't even know exactly what that would look like in two months time since things are changing all the time. I think when we get closer to the date, and the details are clearer, if you are feeling short changed the first steop would be a complaint to see where that goes.