FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Calculator for SQM, Aeroplan miles, & SQD
Old Jun 4, 2020, 1:47 am
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
EY flights must be ticketed by EY or ticketed and marketed by AC to be eligible.

Is there any such restriction for CX?

Edit:

Also, the cowculator has been updated. It now shows Aeroplan miles, and handles partners that award Aeroplan but not AQM.

Still missing:
  • It does not let you specify whether you have Altitude status, so assumes you get the 250 mile minimum
  • It does not let you specify whether you selected bonus Aeroplan miles, so assumes 0%
  • If you happen to have an EY-marketed, AC-ticketed flight, it's not eligible, but there's no way to specify that at all right now, so it will show up as earning Aeroplan miles
Things I'm unsure about and could use input on interpreting Aeroplan's rules:
  • For SA, Aeroplan says "Within South Africa is defined as flights btwn Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, East London and Port Elizabeth." I am treating that as "domestic", but I don't know if there are exceptions that I may not be catching (the only other chart is "international", so I assume it's safe)
  • For TP, I am only special-casing LIS-OPO and OPO-LIS. Aeroplan is a little confusing here.
Things I'm not even sure how to detect.
  • I am not handling SAS Go Light fares
  • I am almost certainly not handling basic economy on any airline other than AC (do I just need a fare basis that ends in GT?)
As a result, if you have anything that isn't explicitly mentioned above that is giving a "???" in any box, or a wrong number, please let me know.

My goal is to open-source this cowculator, but I need to decouple it from the cowtool first, and clean it up a bit so that people can contribute AQM% rules and city distances without having to learn a programming language.

Last edited by canadiancow; Jun 4, 2020 at 2:06 am