FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Social Distance Seat Blocking (Through 1/6/2021)
Old Jun 3, 2020, 11:33 am
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Kacee
I know that's AS's marketing pitch, but it's not consistent with Bellerina's first hand report upthread, nor is it consistent with what AS is currently allowing in terms of pre-flight seat selection. And I've been around the block enough times not to be willing to just have faith that the agents will sort it all out at the gate.

For social distancing purposes, I do not find the aisle desirable due to aisle traffic.

It's true that UA is blocking seats for selection by passengers, but they are not blocking sales nor are they blocking seats for assignment by its agents. UA will allow its agents to book a row full across (and will sell every seat on the aircraft).
I have Q400 flights booked (as part of larger itineraries) in July and in August, all with a companion. On all flights, all of the aisle seats are blocked and the message on the top says “We’ve created extra space on our aircraft that may impact your seat selection options. Details on our coronavirus response page”. The seat map confirms this so I have selected window seats one in front of the other. So AS is definitely still seat blocking for pre-flight selection even into July and August. At least for now.