FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Social Distance Seat Blocking (Through 1/6/2021)
Old Jun 3, 2020, 11:11 am
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I just flew a lot of AS F flights, in the 2-2 config and the horizon air 1-2 config there will never be somebody sitting next to you in F unless it’s somebody you’re flying with. Through June as far as I know
I know that's AS's marketing pitch, but it's not consistent with Bellerina's first hand report upthread, nor is it consistent with what AS is currently allowing in terms of pre-flight seat selection. And I've been around the block enough times not to be willing to just have faith that the agents will sort it all out at the gate.
Originally Posted by metallo
No guarantees, so just book the single seat A side. Every airline is doing this a bit differently -- I noticed UA seems to be actually blocking the C seats.
For social distancing purposes, I do not find the aisle desirable due to aisle traffic.

It's true that UA is blocking seats for selection by passengers, but they are not blocking sales nor are they blocking seats for assignment by its agents. UA will allow its agents to book a row full across (and will sell every seat on the aircraft).