FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Jun 3, 2020, 1:24 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by kbooks66
I have a flight to Japan Booked for Late July. It looks like Japan won't be open to tourists until after July. I want to push the trip back a month, but my Avios booking was made the date the award reservations opened. I am trying to cancel my reservation online and rebook, but the only option when you go to cancel online is to apply for a voucher (which my reservation gets rejected on). Is there anyway to cancel the reservation online and not have to pay the extra fee for cancelling through the phone?
As mentioned in the replies just above, the only way to get a refund, whether it is a redemption or a commercial ticket, is by calling up. It can't be done online, zero exceptions. The Contact Centres have minimal queues from late afternoon onwards, UK time.

For redemptions there is no point having a FTV unless your Avios were about to expire (even then I suspect they would be extended) or there is a Companion Voucher.