FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Jun 3, 2020, 12:44 am
moral_low_ground

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
I booked a flight via Travelpack as they are one of the few that allow you to book mixed class itineries with relative ease. My flights have been cancelled and I don't want to reschedule so I asked for a refund. Bit surprised they want to charge £25 per person as an admin fee (Even though their terms and conditions state it is per booking) and they want to charge me £4.50 in non refundable taxes which they state as being £ 2.50 collected as ATOL fee (non-refundable collected by CAA) and £ 2.00 collected as SAFI (Airline Insurance , Non-refundable). In their defence it does say in their refunds T&C's that these fees may be non-refundable which I wouldn't have an issue with if I had cancelled but I didn't. Also, as they state in their T&C's, as this is just a straight forward ticket then it is not ATOL protected so I don't see why I would be charged £2.50 ATOl fee.

It's not a lot of money but don't see why I should pay all this when it was the airline that canceled my booking.