FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta MD-88/90 Retirement Tracking Thread
Old Jun 2, 2020, 6:35 pm
coke cans and winglets

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Wyndham Gold, GE/CLEAR
Whew that flight was wild but incredible. Gate party at IAD, water cannons at IAD and ATL, party bus at cruise (wild), and ramp access at ATL. I was in 34E and the person in I think 33C or 34C started prying off the 33/34ABC (whatever row it was) placard off of the overhead paneling. FAs were cool with it and I pried off 34DE and helped pry off 32DE and 31DE. My 34DE placard is a great souvenir! Back of the plane was fun, everyone seemed to be in the back and my seat was conveniently back there. Did feel super weird to see everyone just looting anything they could get their hands off (one person I know got the seatbelt sign). And then one person ruined it by trying to take the oxygen mask and got the crew rightfully pissed off. Still had a nice gathering in the back until they turned the seatbelt sign back on, then we landed and parked for the last time. After that I was fortunate enough to get ramp access and it was a great experience. Definitely my most memorable flight ever and would gladly take another retirement flight, in fact I’m trying to get on the 777 now. Anyways, here’s my favorite ramp pic of a nice tail shot.