FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses).
Old Jun 2, 2020, 10:11 am
notquiteaff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by entel
If you have the Amazon Prime card this becomes a 2.5% benefit, since the grocery purchase will give you 5x pts and at 1.5 cpp it's a 7.5% benefit versus the Amazon Prime card 5% benefit.

To make this worthwhile you would need to buy alot of gift cards.... Basically I am getting $2.50 for each $100 in gift cards I buy - I think I can get much higher returns focusing my effort elsewhere...
I don’t have the Prime card, but I can buy Amazon gift cards for 5X every day of the year at office supply stores using my Ink Cash card.

What’s different right now is:

- I can cash in URs for 1.5c if I have grocery/dining spend
- grocery store purchases earn fuel/grocery rewards that add to the value proposition (I have never bothered to look into the rewards programs of Staples etc)
- I am minimizing my shopping trips. The nearest office supply store with Amazon gift cards is 5 miles round trip, and I have no other reason to go there at the moment

I am prepaying some future Amazon spend by buy buying gift cards at Safeway as I do my grocery shopping (no separate trip). I am also prepaying some future grocery spend by buying Safeway gift cards.