FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AS v DL refund processing
View Single Post
Old Jun 2, 2020, 8:35 am
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
AS v DL refund processing

AS - called Sunday 31 May in the morning. Agent on phone within a minute. He processed the refund on his end within a few minutes. This morning, I received an email (2 June) that my refund had been processed yesterday and to allow 3 to 5 business days to see the credit on my card. I checked my CC account, and it has already credited.

DL - After a few calls (with absurd hold or callback times), I finally got a reasonable callback time (2-ish hours) and asked for one on 12 May. I spoke with a nice agent, who "processed" the refund. I received a confirming email stating "We will make every effort to process eligible credits and refunds within 7 days. However, due to extremely high volume related to coronavirus and government-issued travel guidance, please allow up to 30 business days. Once processed, refunds may take up to two billing cycles to appear on your credit/debit card statement. Credits will appear in your account on delta.com and can also be retrieved using your ticket number." 21 days later, nothing. When I look it up on their website it shows "pending" and from the looks of it on the DL FT page, I could be waiting for quite some time.