FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Jun 2, 2020, 8:07 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GabrielExea
So, I have a 2-4-1 avios booking in CE, LHR - PRG on the 18th of June 2020.

The flight has of course been cancelled, not a problem. I am considering whether I want a refund of the ~15,500 avios, £70, and 2-4-1 voucher with a ~6 month extension, or whether I would want to take the future travel voucher.

If I take the voucher in full, with associated 2-4-1 attached and, to my understanding, therefore valid until April 2022, can I use this to rebook a long-haul 2-4-1 redemption instead? E.G: Could I book LHR-SFO in J and pay the difference in Avios and taxes/fees?

Basically I would normally take the refund (If I could get through to the call centre) but if the voucher genuinely extends until April 2022 then having the 2-4-1 extended is of more value to me.

Final question, is it flying before April 2022 or booking before April 2022? It says 'travel until' in the Wiki which I think means booked and flown before April 2022 but I'm not totally certain.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Yes, that is probably the only advantage of a FTV which is your 2-4-1 will remain valid until April 2022, so if it is due to expire well before you want to travel the FTV is the way to go. And yes you are correct with your example, you would just pay the additional taxes/fees/charges and avios.

For a booking made with a FTV all travel (outbound & inbound) must be completed by 30 April 2022.