FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK arrivals - pre-departure, quarantine and post-arrival [currently no requirements]
Old Jun 2, 2020, 1:38 am
ahmetdouas

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Dan1113
Have sent another batch of emails to the FCO, DfT, HO, PM, my MP, and ScotGov. We shall see!

My concern with the air bridge idea will be the reluctance of places to say "officially" that they are ok with us in terms of our numbers. Far better with UK unilateral decisions, ie X Y Z are on the safe list because their cases are low, A B C are not and require quarantine.
Greece is using the EASA list, if the uk is off of it then there is no problem. Germany Portugal and Italy already or from very soon already allow UK arrivals without quarantine and without having to give a reason. UK’s cases are collapsing 1500 new ones yesterday is very low. The single most important metric would be new cases and hospitalisations, deaths are quite a bit lagged but they are also falling in a sustained way. If you go to the EASA site it gives its metrics for countries being on the naughty list (UK included), but it’s a bit vague.

Lufthansa plans a big increase of flights June 15 onwards, BA, Ryanair and EasyJet are a bit confused about what to do due to the UK quarantine being so unclear, but I believe they are hoping for a decent timetable in July