FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid19: Refund Experiences from Indian Based Airlines
Old Jun 2, 2020, 12:45 am
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Keyser
still getting the run around from ai....called their customer service again today & was told that the frequent flyer department is still closed so they can't cancel this ticket....also, they said that the advisory they are following as of now is that all tickets for travel up till 30th april will be protected....i told them its well beyond 30th april now so what happens to my ticket & the agent didn't have an answer....she said they are all working from home & no supervisor is available so she can't even reach out to anyone for help....she did however confirm that she would get someone to call me back within 24 hours....under normal situations i have never received a call back from ai so i'm definitely not expecting one during these unusual times....i have a feeling i'm going to have a tough time getting my 240k miles back....
so surprisingly i did get a call back from the flying returns department this morning....but they continue to give me the run around....the agent kept repeating that united has to refund the miles to me so i have to contact them & tell them to do that....i told him i had already spoken to united & they confirmed that the original booking source has to offer the refund....they cannot do so since its not their ticket....but the flying returns agent refused to acknowledge that....just stuck to his point that ai can't do anything since its a united flight....

i've sent in a bunch of emails to flying retuns....lets see what they come up with now....