FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jun 1, 2020, 10:41 pm
Toshbaf
Suspended

Programs: AS DL
7. Based upon the visual clues in this photo, can you identify the aircraft and the airline that operates it?

BOAC and the VC10 are Correct! How did you know? Were you lucky enough to have once flown upon the VC10?

16. (1988) It used to be if you lived on the peninsula and wanted to fly from San Francisco to Indianapolis, you’d call TWA. These days TWA doesn’t even offer direct flights out of SFO to Indy. In fact, only one airline offers a single daily nonstop flight. That’s the one you want. Identify the airline and aircraft you’ll be flying upon.

USAir, Boeing

New answers. Boeing 737-300. Probably like the ones that flew CMH-LAX and crashed on top of a smaller plane at LAX in the early 90's. US Airways used to have a small hub at IND. That terminal was recently demolished. The replacement terminal is at a different part of the airport and is big and splashy. The new terminal dates back about 10 years ago.

I am unlucky enough never to have flown aboard a VC-10, Caravelle, or Mercure. However, I've seen possibly two VC-10's before and looked inside a former Gulf Air VC-10 in a museum. The overhead compartments look familiar. I once had a theoretical chance of flying aboard a Dassault Mercure but never booked a flight. Darn. I even knew about the schedule and the possibility but didn't act on it.