FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When We Can Travel Again
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2020, 3:06 pm
Andrew35K

Programs: OWE, *G
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
I think the odds of Maldives open in July is very high at this point and they aren't being definitive yet as they are still trying to sort out the procedures/requirements.
So far, 14 days min stay (not sure if it has to be at one or can be across multiple resorts), testing results submitted prior to and retest upon arrival again are some big challenges for most people to deal with/accept. I was planning to make it there but starting to feel that it's just too much hassle and might stick with something easier.
I had flights booked via DOH on Qatar. QSuites seems like a great way to social distance for any business product. Of course if you're going via DXB, then EK's new suites on the 777 is by far the best product to get to MLE

Nonetheless, let's see how it goes. I'm hearing they will announce something by end of week. Fingers crossed for favorable outcome.
Good if they let us know about the procedures by the end of next week. I was reading about this in The Telegraph: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/n...e-coronavirus/
However, if what was said in the comments is true - then it’s great news. In the comments, a Thomas Chambers writes: "This 'news' has been lifted from a draft guideline that was sent out for comment to partners and stakeholders in the Maldivian tourism industry. The feedback from all parties was similar to the Telegraph's; that many of the ideas were unworkable. Namely paying for a visa/test on arrival, quarantining in your room, arriving with an antibody test and staying for a minimum of 14 nights. They have, therefore, been omitted from the actual guidelines. As a result, sensible policies remain to safeguard guests, without causing them extra stress or costing more money. As a multi-island nation, Maldives is naturally equipped to deal with such a pandemic."

Agree that QSuites is probably one of the best ways, though it seems the July schedule has an A320(!) flying there, once daily. Thankfully, Emirates still has an 77W scheduled.