FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When We Can Travel Again
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2020, 2:22 pm
BESVISOR
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by Andrew35K
Now that several major hubs such as Singapore and Hong Kong is opening for transit, summer travel looks more promising. Still don’t know if DXB is open for transit, but given their July scheduele, it would suggest that it’s coming soon. Now if only Maldives would give a definitive answer in regards to their border openings on July 1st...
I think the odds of Maldives open in July is very high at this point and they aren't being definitive yet as they are still trying to sort out the procedures/requirements.
So far, 14 days min stay (not sure if it has to be at one or can be across multiple resorts), testing results submitted prior to and retest upon arrival again are some big challenges for most people to deal with/accept. I was planning to make it there but starting to feel that it's just too much hassle and might stick with something easier.
I had flights booked via DOH on Qatar. QSuites seems like a great way to social distance for any business product. Of course if you're going via DXB, then EK's new suites on the 777 is by far the best product to get to MLE

Nonetheless, let's see how it goes. I'm hearing they will announce something by end of week. Fingers crossed for favorable outcome.