FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid19: Swiss refunds after cancellation
Old May 30, 2020, 7:56 am
hugolover
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zrh2yvr
Finally got my refund for 2 long-haul business fares. It was actually a refundable ticket that we had to change (in the normal course) during February and I had requested the refund before things went crazy. Request was made February 28 and refund received May 26. Initiated chargeback via AMEX - Canada on May 1. What's strange was that the newly issued and changed ticket (issued Feb 28) was put in for cancellation on March 16 and refunded on March 19 . . . strange enough while the original ticket took ~3 months.

The part I'm frustrated now is that this crazy ticket has a segment on SA. SA uses "YR" for it's carrier surcharge (instead of YQ). Problem is that LX/LH fare rules on refundable tickets say "YR" is not refundable but that "third party charges and taxes are refundable". The thing is that this ticket is not subject to the LX/LH "YR" - - So it's complicated and they have not refunded YR (this was assessed manually by issuing agency - so refund was submitted without the request for YR - - so still time to dispute this).

After all that - the refund came back but short ~300 on each ticket due to local SA YR charges - - which under SA refundable tickets is always refundable.

Now I have to start a long - - long - process and wait to get back ~600 for a bunch of SA taxes that were buried in the LX ticket for which the fare rule words have conflicted rules (YR is not refundable but third-party charges are).

I will say LX is becoming very difficult to deal with and I would not issue any ticket of any kind with LX at this moment (while I have booked 2 new tickets on AC with full confidence).

AC and BA were absolutely seamless on their refunds while LX has been completely impossible to deal with . . (Emphasis added).
Are you sure? I thought on LH Group, YR was the GDS fee. YQ is still the "international surcharge" scam.
Attached Images