FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton’s Response to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) [updated in post #146]
Old May 30, 2020, 2:25 am
binman

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I think a very large percentage of the population has wrote off the pandemic, and going back to the good ole days. The hotel I'm at right now, especially since memorial day has greatly increased their occupancy rate. Everything is open except the restaurant and bar, and from my understanding, it will be completely up and running in 2 weeks. Practically nobody is wearing masks, including a large group of airline employees staying here. It's over. Regardless of how many people die. Business will go on, and there won't be any extensions of the cancellation policy in the future. Too bad about the lack of concern from people. But, I'm protecting myself regardless.
I think there is a need to differentiate befween people’s behaviour in the USA with well over 100,000 people dead. At the moment I see the USA as an extreme outlier in all aspects to Covid-19

in Europe and Asia there is a wide range of reactions too. Many nations are closed to all with plans to reopen slowly and carefully to a limited number of countries. Greece for example will open in June except for travellers from UK, Spain and Italy and France. Others nations plan to require certification for all arrivals and some have quarantine or plan to have quarantine. In the U.K. case the latter is the bizarre plan which cannot possibly work given the way it’s been cobbled together and will be policed.
everyone wants to return to normal but not everyone wants to do that at any price.