FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SQ/Krisflyer Coronavirus waivers
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2020, 2:07 pm
MisterBill

So I never resolved my issue with not getting a refund or any agreement for a future ticket for my one way flight from JFK to Singapore on February 25th (I cancelled my cruise and was a no-show for the flight after being refused a refund or anything else pre-flight). If you read further down you'll see my story and told me to contact Chase Travel, who I had booked thru. I had spoken to Chase several times but was supposed to call again to try to resolve it again after SQ claimed they had emailed them but never did.

ANYWAY, fast forward to today and I just got this email from SQ. Looks like I'll be getting my refund, after all! I'm shocked. I wonder what happened that caused them to change their minds?

Dear Sir/Madam, As these unprecedented times continue, we would like to reassure you that Singapore Airlines continues to place your interests at the heart of everything we do. All Singapore Airlines and SilkAir tickets issued on or before 15 March 2020 for travel between 24 January to 31 July 2020, and any flights cancelled by us due to Covid-19 are now fully covered by our global travel waiver policy. This provides you with the following two options:

1. Retain the value of the unused portion of your ticket as flight credits.This option enables you to:
  • Rebook travel up to 31 December 2021 with rebooking fees waived
  • Choose a new destination or fare type on rebooking
  • Use any surplus flight credits towards a second booking
  • Consider using flight credits to book a higher fare class ticket
  • Receive bonus flight credits, ranging from SGD75 to SGD500, for all unutilised adult fare tickets
  • Obtain a refund for excess baggage and seat selection fees associated to your original booking
Note: Bonus flight credits will be based on your original cabin class, corresponding bonus flight credits in your local currency, may be found here.

2. Opt for a refund for the unused portion of your ticket, which entails the following:
  • Having your remaining ticket value refunded to its original mode of payment
  • A refund of all excess baggage and seat selection fees associated to your original booking
  • A waiver of any cancellation or no show fees
All our travel agency partners have been made aware of these changes, and we encourage you to speak to them to find out about the options available to you. You needn't take any action, if you have already chosen to retain your ticket as flight credits or requested a refund via your travel agent. The full terms and conditions of our global travel waiver policy may be found here, and further details on flight and bonus flight credits may be found here. We look forward to flying with you again in the near future.

Last edited by MisterBill; May 29, 2020 at 4:37 pm