FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RIP CVG
Thread: RIP CVG
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2020, 7:40 am
ATOBTTR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by HDQDD
GE Aviation != GE, but good try with the straw man. GE Aviation is a part of GE (for better or worse) and they don't operate in a bubble. Like I alluded to: GE has lost money the last 3 full years. Most recently -5bil in 2019. Their stock is at a 10 year low, while the rest of the market is significantly higher. I sure as heck wouldn't invest in that.
That’s not a straw a man as I’m aware of that. My fact pointed out that GE Aviation isn’t the problem within GE as a whole and that despite the other problems within GE, GE Aviation is one of its strongest areas and isn’t contributing to GE’s losses. You arguing to the contrary about GE as a whole when the discussion was about GE Aviation is the strawman.

You could just admit you were wrong or unaware and say “Gee I didn’t that despite cargo being small potatoes across the network as a whole that some specific routes do operate profitably in large part due to cargo”. But based on your last response and responses to other posters, I guess you’d rather be argumentative.

Last edited by ATOBTTR; May 29, 2020 at 7:45 am