FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID-19 BA Suspended Routes, Changes in The BA Network, Speculation & Discussion
Old May 28, 2020, 2:30 pm
BAeuro

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by tiffwhat
Interesting thread, what are people's thoughts on Milan MXP surviving? Would make sense to focus on LIN for a while perhaps.

In terms of Gatwick, I suspect we've seen the last JFK service for a long time, unlikely YYZ will come back either, looks like AMS has been dropped for the short term. From a conversation I had yesterday it also seems like the Glasgow and Edinburgh services from LGW will see cut backs, (the domestics from Gatwick have always been the 'loss making routes'), wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of summer seasonal short haul stuff not operate at all this year. Reckon Bordeaux is at risk as they had cut that one back this summer anyway, I agree with BAeuro that Antalya looks uncertain. I doubt if they'll continue FCO from Gatwick either, not with Vueling also operating that.
I think Bergamo will go for sure and probably Malpensa too.

As for Glasgow and Edinburgh to Gatwick, they were a hit with the connecting pax going to the Caribbean. If BA move a few of the Caribbean routes up to LHR to compete with Virgin, then the domestics at LGW will be stripped right back.

You’re right about LGW-FCO, especially as BA only have 1 flight a day. Vueling can easily up their capacity on the route, a bit like what happened with BA axing LGW-BCN.

Hopefully Bordeaux stays and it could be a good candidate for LHR.