FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which countries are open for US tourists?
Old May 28, 2020, 11:09 am
cmtlatitudes

Originally Posted by Owenc
I don't see the desperate desire to travel to Europe anyway. America has a massive country, you can travel for thousands of miles and visit so many different climates and eco systems, from Hawaii to Maine. I'm sure you wouldn't be bored if you had to spend a summer exploring those different places.
Except that, as I've noted in previous posts in this thread: 1) Hawaii isn't allowing mainland visitors without a 14 day quarantine that approaches draconian, in small government approved hotel rooms with one access key cards, while proposing to let foreign tourists in and roam free, and 2) Maine is requiring a 14 day quarantine immediately on entry for visitors. In the case of Maine, it's being enforced through not permitting vacation home owners (most of Maine's market) to rent less than 14 days. At least that's better than Hawaii; a family could rent an ocean front cottage in Maine for two weeks, have it pre-stocked, and at least have a quarantine vacation be palatable - assuming they can afford two weeks vacation if they were originally on planning on one week, and are also ok with never leaving the property for two weeks.