FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton’s Response to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) [updated in post #146]
Old May 28, 2020, 8:14 am
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by iknowthings
I don't understand why people have a difficult time understanding this statement. Anything booked before June 30th has a 24 hour cancellation policy, regardless of the date of the reservation.

Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
Maybe I'm being dim (it happens!) but I don't get the rationale of:

"book now, cancel free" alongside
"booked before 25MAR, cancel free - but only for stay up to end-June".

OK, I get revenue retention as a driver for hotels, but it's at the cost of pissing off the army of cautious, if misguided, folk who book cheap rates way in advance.

Originally Posted by iknowthings
Book whatever you want. Cancel up until midnight the night before arrival, for any Hilton, for any rate. It's literally that simple.
Gosh! I wish I had your analytical powers...

But maybe English isn't your first language.

The puzzlement expressed was over the different treatment between reservations made before 25 March (free cancel of stays with arrivals before July of this year) and those with reservations made after 25 March (cancel whatever the arrival date).
  • Existing Reservations. All individual reservations—even those described as “non-cancellable” (“Advanced Purchase”)—that are scheduled for arrival on or before June 30, 2020 can be changed or cancelled at no charge, up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival day.
  • New Reservations. Any individual reservations you make—even those described as “non-cancellable” (“Advanced Purchase”)—that are booked between today and June 30, 2020 for any future arrival date can be changed or cancelled at no charge, up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival day.

Last edited by IAN-UK; May 28, 2020 at 8:20 am