FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK airports - is anything open at all [at EDI]?
Old May 28, 2020, 4:59 am
angelats

Programs: BA Silver, Lufthansa FTL, KrisFlyer Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer

Please don't take this the wrong way, but consider the effect if during the course of your journey you become infected and pass that to your parents - they might well unwittingly in turn transmit it to people using the NHS who are vulnerable. That should be a major consideration of your planning - making sure you can maintain social distancing from them to reduce that risk to something undetectable.
And yet somehow, it's deemed ok for my parents to be providing childcare (on days they are not working) to other members of my family who also work in the NHS, meaning that they are already mixing with other households, like hundreds of grandparents across the country. Incidentally - they're not front-line workers, so there is no patient contact involved, but that's besides the point.

I get all of the points made and will probably need to postpone this trip, or better still, just forget it completely and have my parents visit me, where things are much easier. Germany is no longer imposing any quarantine requirement at all on arrivals from the UK, which is bizarre when the restrictions imposed the other way are so severe. It seems it wouldn't be worth the anxiety the trip would now cause .And yet again the people who actually bother to go out of their way to seek advice on these things end up punished.

Last edited by angelats; May 28, 2020 at 5:12 am