FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)
Old May 27, 2020, 2:15 pm
frank_10b

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by moe8555
It's still possible, I also opened a new one less than 12 months after closing the prior. I also had to call in and chat them up. I think it helped that I had a different Barclays product on which I charged over $25K during the prior 12 month period. Was also above the 6 or 7/24 threshold.

Any update on churn time line?

Also separate question: the ONLY REASON to keep this card is so that I can use it a unattended gas stations in Italy and france.
The PIN actually works on those pumps, does anyone know if the downgraded card actually works in this way too?
or any other cards? certainly no other Barclays card works in this was, only the aviator seems to code as a euro-master card.
but since I am not going anywhere soon, I am trying to justify paying the af since they are not offering any retention offers...sad