FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Experiences of AY flights during COVID-19
Old May 26, 2020, 4:24 am
mhle

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
If this is the new normal, air travel is no fun any more. My Lumo experience today was:
- No priority security. No big deal as there was only a handful of passengers, but despite of this, the person in front of my managed to generate a line with the endless packing and un-packing activities
- No lounge.
- No priority boarding. I got boarding group 3!
- No wifi (Embraer) nor newspaper in lieu of lacking wifi
- No drinks or food available, except bottle of water and cookie which were provided to everybody
- No recognition, not a single word of communication from the cabin crew. Not even a welcome or "there you are" when throwing the water bottles to customers.

I can understand well the other points, but not necessarily the last. Especially when there is absolutely nothing to offer for a frequent customer, it should be important to at least wish them welcome to the flight, if nothing else.

On a positive note, everything worked surprisingly well at the airports. I was flying HEL-ZRH. Documents checked both at boarding (eligibility to fly to Switzerland) and at arrival (eligibility to enter Switzerland), but everyone seemed well prepared and had the additional documentation with them. Even as a lowly Boarding Group 3 passenger the waiting time was not unbearable.