FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX 2004 Timetable
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2020, 1:26 pm
ernestnywang

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
My oldest one is schedule of 1st July 98 to 24th October 98. That was the time I joined the CLUB.
There were only late night flights from HKG, 251 and 255.

Unfortunately, I have only issues to 2003.
Nice. We can almost make a collection together (unfortunately it would be almost impossible to upload). For CX, I have all issues from Oct. 2005. For KA, I have all issues from Mar. 2006. The Oct. 2012 - Mar. 2013 issue was the last one printed.

If you wouldn't mind, could you please kindly help confirm/clarify a few things on https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/国泰航空航点 that I have not yet been able to confirm?
1. When did CX stop its own service to HAN? The page only had 2003 without an exact date. Don't know if your 2003 issue happen to cover the termination. CX continued the joint-venture with VN afterwards for quite a few years.
2. The ZRH flight terminated on 30APR2001, but was what terminated CX's own service, or code-share with SR? I vaguely remember the service was just a code-share with SR and not CX's own metal, or did both exist? It would be really wonderful if you can help look into the few issues before 2001, too!
3. Does your collection cover when CX last operated to MRU by any chance (i. e., does the 1998 summer issue you have include MRU)?
4. The page said CX operated twice weekly to IST from 08AUG1998 to 15NOV2001, but like the ZRH one, was it CX's own service or a code-share with TK, or did both exist?

Many, many thanks!

Originally Posted by Goodmayes
Sure. I recently downloaded an App called App in the Air.

It goes through your emails and fills in all the flight details etc. For the ones missing, they have a system by which you can upload all your old flights. Not sure how back their database go, but my earliest records of flights are from 2001. And the HK trip was in 2004. So I have been busy trying to get all the flight details for the missing flights. With personal photos, emails, and forums like this one, I have managed to get all the info. This was the last one and proving to be elusive.

But thanks to all of you I now have what I need. Many thanks once again.

In my younger days, I use to pick a lot of these timetables at various airports, just for the fun of it. But now I realise how useful they can be. Not just for me but for others too.

Hopefully, I will also be able to contribute on this forum one day.
Thanks for sharing! I would also like to have record of my travel before 2000 (I kept all my boarding passes and tickets since) but unfortunately don't have anything other than vague memory. I only started using email in 2000, too.