FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada video: Ready for takeoff
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2020, 10:43 am
Transpacificflyer

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by capedreamer
As an aviation fan, I think the video is great.
As a business analyst, I do not understand the point of spending money on something like this right now.
Here are 3 reasons to support the relatively low cost expenditure;
1. To counter some of the negative publicity AC has and still is receiving.
2. To reinforce sentiment in favour of the company in preparation for its upcoming request for a government handout.
3. To remind the market that AC is still there, albeit battered and hanging on for dear life. Even business analysts need a reminder

AC needs to have a positive message campaign and this ad does the trick. I do see your point, but I ask you to remember when there were some people aggressively hectoring us that the pandemic was nothing, that it would blow over and that it was much ado about nothing. Aside from their being wrong about everything, they did some damage much as any negative word of mouth campaign does. AC didn't manage its response well back then, but now it has an opportunity to get the message out that the airline is here and will bounce back etc. Consider this as an attempt to protect the brand value. It is part and parcel of the overall campaign of restoring consumer confidence and ties into the care+ program and other initiatives. If you consider it in that light, perhaps you might reconsider your perception as a business analyst? It's not just revenues and costs, but protecting the intangibles like good will and brand value. Keeping the warm and fuzzy feelings alive is best achieved through this type of ad.