FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA accounts restricted (Nov/Dec 2019)
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2020, 8:29 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by Global321
Sure, anything is possible. Maybe the EU will ban FF programs and make them illegal. Maybe Delta tomorrow will make a coach ticket cost 100,000,000,000,000 miles.
But nothing in aviation history suggests FF miles will be zero'd out or even reduced by some crazy amount if one airline takes over another. It simply has not happened.

The original premise that AA will zero out miles is simply something that is not realistic. That was really my only point.
i dont disagree, only that as I said even if DL does a 1 to 1 should they takeover AA or even just the FF part, it takes alot more DL miles (usually) to get somewhere then it does/did AA miles IMO 1 AA mile is worth more then 1 DL mile, so a 1 to 1 still leaves AAers with less in the pocket, although the other side of the coin is something is better then nothing. And if anyone takes AA over whos to say we wont see exactly what Marriott did to SPG where SPGers ended up with a very short end of the stick

then a big $$ part of the biz is selling miles to the banks, most carriers are already in bed with a bank doubt they would be able to keep Barclay/Citi and I doubt the Banks would want to shell out Billions in todays mkt for untold Billions of AA miles, when they have more then they can handle of the other Carriers. Pre-Corona maybe something could have been worked out, Post-Corona everyones looking to hold onto as much $$$ as they can, I just dont see anyone going after AA, theres nothing AA or any other carrier has what to offer even under a tremendous fire sale price