FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Air Canada Stopover Hotel Program [likely terminated as of early 2022]
Old May 20, 2020, 11:12 am
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
The T&C say the booking has to be purchased on ac.com or through a TA. I think what they're trying to get at is that it needs to be on AC stock.
Then why can't they just say that? How many times in the past week have poorly written AC T&C annoyed me...

You can certainly argue whether UA.com counts as a "travel agent", but I could have booked this exact itinerary through an actual TA (but ... why would I?).

But you can easily check whether you're eligible by entering your PNR on the website. Have you tried that?
"I'm debating rescheduling the SFO-YVR/YYZ flight if I can get a free hotel."

The ticket, as booked, is not eligible. If UA marketed AC flights on 016 stock are eligible, I would rebook it to have ~18 hours in YYZ. If not, I'm content leaving it as is.

I would be skeptical that the type of hotels you would want would be available though. When I've looked at it the few times I've been eligible, it has been offering me hotels way off the airport - I think I even posted about it offering me a hotel in Niagara Falls somewhere upthread - or the one time it had the T3 Sheraton, it was more than I could book it for through SPG.
My goal would be to land in YYZ, get some free sleep, then spend the next morning/afternoon with friends and family who live around YYZ. I got the Holiday Inn Toronto International
Airport. It certainly wasn't the Sheraton Gateway, but it was perfectly acceptable for my needs. Your examples certainly don't sound great though.