FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)
Old May 20, 2020, 1:21 am
hotel_user

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I have not yet received this email, but this is a very good policy
Great move !

Again, this is good news. Well done Accor.

No e mail received as yet, so it is good that forums and blogs keep the majority of members informed......

The only question is why has it taken Accor so long ...

It is a good policy, and full credit to whoever decided upon it - basically they are saying that 2020 is "written off"., but we will give you something if you travel, and your status is protected for a year but could be improved. Sensible.

All they have to do is to sort out customer refunds for stays that could not have taken place, and give back cash instead of vouchers.

One has to ask why SB did not sign the e mail or make announcements on this .... Has the board seen the light ?

How many people will have ongoing trust in Accor when it comes to booking a prepaid rate going forward ?

I hope that Amy is welland we see her return on the forum soon.

On a side note, I am planning a "day trip" to Andorra. Drive there, get supplies ( tobacco ) drive back. 9 hours round trip by car. We would normally stay overnight ( or 2 days ) , but not risking it at the moment. OH even will not get out of car ! Just there so allowances are doubled at the boarder., and to take the flask of tea.