FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]
View Single Post
Old May 19, 2020, 3:54 am
Atacama40

Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
Thanks for the info. How was IC Singapore while your at it? Flying into SIN and was thinking of staying there.
No worries. Not a regular at SIN, maybe a couple stays per year for past few years but they treat you well.

Hotel is consistent and is my experience good. It's near perfectly located with the MTR a 4 min work out under the hotel and all under cover. You can get anywhere in SIN with ease and cheaply. Mind you can also walk pretty well anywhere of merit from there are well bar the Botanical Gardens.

Rooms and hotel are always well maintained and serviced. I see the same elderly maintenance guy every time walking round with a perpetual can of satin white paint and a sign writers brush every stay repairing the corridor paintwork :-) Pool I always think could do with a mild upgrade but is clean and spacious and not a hardship spend an afternoon at.

Upgrades are more structured than they used to be but consistent if not as generous as in past but I cannot complain. Have had mad huge upgrades in past ... a little less so more recent times but still fine. The mall side rooms are a little noisy. Would suggest to avoid those.

Lounge service is excellent and always has been. Service is tight, knowledgeable and staff well turned out, polished and entertaining. Breakfast in lounge solid as is the one at Ash & Elm downstairs ... if a little busy. Strangely never eaten at the IC other than lounge or breakfast ... oh and afternoon tea is a good experience.

Last stop I had, the cocktail/bar area downstairs (forget the name) was being refreshed and the cocktail guys toured the lounge each evening and were very entertaining. Maybe they still doing that. I didn't visit it personally but the son in law and daughter did and where impressed .... and poorer! :-)

The hotel car from airport is pricey and you can find more cost effective and as polished options. The daughter and co took the train last time and were happy enough with it. Personally after 14 hours and too much pop I'd always take the hotel car whatever the cost!

Walk out to any number of great food places is a doddle. Work the lounge from early to close then have a stroll out and there are tons of good options at modest money

Flying into SIN for us (UK) is by far the best option .... breakup of flying, change of pace, easy cheap flights out from SIN. And SIN is an easy BA miles flight to get in first which we do with an Amex 241 and miles. Then a change of pace and aircraft width out to Bali. Note of caution though .... Bali passport control is a pain in the .... I'm told it's usually so. Took us maybe an hour, maybe more to clear. Now someone at the IC Bali told us of a way to fast track that but I forget how. More experienced Bali hands will know I'm sure but whatever the cost take it!!! :-) Also flights out to Bali are possible but from memory means from Gatwick for us which is dead time. Or lower service options from MAN and regional. Again not so familiar with that save to say EK would be a good option if you not in a hurry.

No a stop at IC SIN is never a hardship for me. More regular stayers have a few criticisms but less so me. It's reasonable value and offers do come up. And as for SIN itself I'm sure you know but loads to do, great places to eat especially for such a small foot print. Definitely do it.