FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old May 18, 2020, 10:06 pm
Koru Flyer

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Hi

I am not sure I fully understand the situation and my actual options. I have a flight SYD-SIN-LHR-GOT r/n in late June that has already had cancellations and will not fly. I am not interested in petitioning the Australian government for permission to leave in June and wish to rebook for December (let's see) - also would be stuck with 14 days in a hotel room in SYD. Flight is booked on a very very cheap /I/ upgraded to /A/ with a GUF. Orginal ticketing was Jan 2020. So I am not interested in a vochure or refund as I expect this price to be the cheapest for a long time.

My understanding is that I can rebook into either /F/ or /A/ (depn on availability) in December on BA flights that are still scheduled to operate.

TA is telling me that I would need to pay fare difference and tax differences (Update 3 online does not explicitely state no add collect), and all that is waived is the change and canx fee, also TA is telling me that I have until Jan 2021 to select flights and I can then fly from 12 months from that date? So I have until Jan 2022 to travel. That seems too long to me. What is my TA reading that I am not?

TA is also suggesting that I should move to an open ticket rather than rebook. However, if I move to an open ticket and BA change the rules, then am I stuck with the new rules or do the old rules apply at the time it was moved to an open ticket?

Yes the BA sales office in SYD is not aligned to HQ, and Amex fares team is totally confused by GUFs....

KF