FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AirNZ not cancelling flights - they are moving them!
Old May 18, 2020, 9:14 am
babyg_wc

The main requirement for getting your money back through the UK chargeback scheme is evidence that there's been a breach of contract - obviously i have the contract with GOTOGATE who cant provide the service or a refund (because of AirNZs stance of no refunds). Chargeback is good for me, but a pain for GOTOGATE and AirNZ (more paperwork) hence i would have liked a "clean" cancellation and refund.

AirNZ are generally being rubbish with refunds, but at least they are now being forced by DOT etc to follow the rules in other parts of the world.

The NZ laws to protect the consumer are rubbish basically, if AirNZ cant provide the product or service then you should get your money refunded, simples, having T&C's saying no refunds if its out of their control is terrible... No service = no money.. not some voucher that maybe unusable (im UK based so have no idea when ill be back to NZ), or useless if AirNZ go bust (Thai airways have just filed for bankruptcy as an example)

Anyways, NZ (and by virtue AirNZ) are out of step with the rest of the world.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12332776